Travis Scott’s spiked seltzer has been discontinued


By Kay Jones and Ramishah Maruf, CNN

Travis Scott’s CACTI spiked hard seltzer has been discontinued, Anheuser-Busch said.

“After careful evaluation, we have decided to stop all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer. We believe fans of the brand will understand and respect this decision, ”an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson said in a statement to CNN Business.

All press releases relating to CACTI and Travis Scott are no longer available on the Anheuser-Busch website.

Nike has postponed the launch of the Air Max 1 X Cactus Jack “out of respect for all those affected by the tragic events of the Astroworld festival,” the shoemaker said.

The end of the CACTI deal comes after the Astroworld festival tragedy on November 5, in which 10 people died and many more were injured. At least seven of the families of the victims declined Scott’s offer to pay for their funeral, CNN reported. As of November, at least 140 lawsuits had been filed in connection with the festival tragedy.

Scott announced the partnership for the agave-tipped seltzer in December 2020. His other promotions included a McDonald’s meal and a Fortnite concert deal with video game developer Epic Games, which set an all-time views record. simultaneous for the platform with more than 12.3 million viewers.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.


Comments are closed.